Monday, May 4, 2009

Moving Stinks...I think


We finally bought a house. We've lived in the area for about two-and-a-half years, and with the market being down just a bit, we were able to get a house that we like alot, and got a great deal! Unfortunately, when you buy a house, it usually means you have to then move to the house to live inside of it. Which also means packing, and loading, and unloading, and unpacking--blehck!

We have all of our junk in the new house, and I dare say we are probably around 65% unloaded, but as soon as I say that, I'll discover a whole new mess of boxes that need to be relocated within the house and opened and all of that. Oh well...it's a good thing.

Here's my issue. I'm not sure if there is something inside of the house or what, but just days after moving in, my allergies kicked into overdrive, and as a result, I've had a really runny, stuffy nose, along with itchy eyes and that itch in the top of my mouth/back of my throat that you just can't get to go away! If moving stinks--I sure can't smell it!

It may have been mowing the grass for the first time, which coinsides with the allergy attack. It could be that there are about 900 flowers and plants around our new yard. Looks nice, but wreaks havoc on me! Or, horror of all horrors, the previous owner had a cat that we didn't know about, and the cat remnant in the ventilation ducts could be messing with me. Who knows? I could probably just go to an allergist and start getting shots, but that's about as appealling to me as having dental work done with a jack-hammer.

But, in spite of my less-than-desirable sinus issues, I'm enjoying the aspects of a new place. I like that it was my yard to mow. I enjoy that I worked for three hours in overgrown bushes with thorns to try and make the backyard more enjoyable for my boys. I think we inherited a beautiful yard with wonderful colors and plant life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Once we get a good rain, and the pollen in the air dies down a bit, I should start to feel better. After we've changed out the air filters a few times inside the house, any existing cat dander (if any) will start to lose it's potency. But, even after they are gone, I'll still have a home to call my own. God has provided a wonderful place for my family and I to live. We like it, we're happy, and we can see the hand of "Providence" in our lives, taking care of us.

Too many times, we let the little things right in front of our faces block out the wonder that is beyond ourselves. I have decided that sniffles and all, I'm looking past my nose, and enjoying the blessings of what God is doing in my life right now!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

sounds great man! just the message i needed...

Celeste said...

I know moving stinks we do it every three years.

Dave and Amy said...

Love the "Providence" pun! So happy for you guys!!! Hope we can get a tour of the new place soon! :)